View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInFullerton View Post
8-6-1 with Vlasic out. 3-1 with Demers before the Olympic break. 0-1-1 in the two games after, this being with him having played with the WorSharks through the break and being brought up and down from the AHL as before he was a mainstay on the roster and wasn't being sent down often at all.

You can't deny that Demers doesn't add something to the team just because Vlasic is out. It's like you're saying the only reason Demers was any good and the Sharks won with him in the lineup was because Vlasic was there to carry him, which is bull, since the two didn't play together.

If anything, you need to use Vlasic's affect on Blake, since they were D partners.

Btw, the teams record without Demers and Vlasic since Vlasic's injury: 5-4-0

Not so much better than 8-6-1. You add Demers to 6 of those games, the Sharks probably win 1 or 2 of them at the least.
I am not saying Demers was better when Vlasic was playing. The team was better and Demers played more games when Vlasic was playing, so we won more games with Demers playing.

My assesment on Demers: 1 - He played his best paired with Huskins 2 - His play has declined as the season has gone on.

I still like the guy and would like to see him up here and there. Whether he plays during the playoffs should depend on who were playing and if we go 7 D. If it's seven he should be up I think. If it's six, it's whether we need the grit and experience of Wallin or more puck movement with Demers.

It disappoints me that you can write a lyric very flippantly—and not a particularly good lyric—and it can mean so much to so many people. That's disillusioning for a writer - George Michael, Careless Whisper
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote