View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Bryz4shiz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Flyers GM Holmgren Signs Shooter Tutor to Contract

Philadelphia - March 16, 2010. Just 3 hours after the loss of starting goaltender Michael Leighton, Philadelphia Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren announced the signing of a Shooter Tutor for the final playoff run.

The deal is reported to be a one-year $79.99 deal, with a reported No Movement Clause. GM Holmgren confirmed the deal with the local Wal-Mart moments after the Flyers' shootout loss to the Nashville Predators.

Wal-Mart Assistant Supervisor Grant Smiley acknowledged that the deal had been brewing for weeks.

"Yeah, Mr. Holmgren has been coming in since January and lingering in the sports department," said Smiley. "We had to ask him to leave several times at store closing. The Shooter Tutor has been up on display since October, and, truth be told, he just missed the special in our circular two weeks ago."

Smiley indicated that Holmgren "appeared agitated" while waiting in the express line. "He said he thought the woman in the relaxed-fit jogging pants was looking to outbid him.

"The price was $48.99, but Mr. Holmgren offered the cashier $79.99 and threw in a second-round draft pick. I don't know much about the NHL draft, but we could use another assistant inventory clerk."

To clear salary cap space, Flyers winger Claude Giroux was put on waivers.
I just laughed really really hard, but then I cried a bit, because its a little too probably.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote