Thread: Nathan Perrott
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Shawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBudsForever
I've posted once or twice in the past year about Perrott. In my mind, he's the rookie waiting in the background if Domi/Belak get injured or traded for whatever reason. Why Nashville gave up on him is beyond me. IMHO, he has the tools to be another Tie Domi type player. Can throw em really well, not afraid of anybody, will go through a brick wall to protect his teamates, good attitude, and actually has a bit of a touch around the net. He is feared by many in the AHL.

Also, IMHO, he is already a better forward than Belak and has more upside. Take away Belak's pugilistic abilities, and he's AHL material. I still don't understand why the Leafs keep him on the roster. I'd much rather see a rook like Perrott replace him.

He was a pretty popular player with Baby Leafs fans on The Rock last season.
It bothers me that they can keep a guy like Belak around when there are better players on the Rock in Perrott or even Poni. Belak's only value is that he can fill in on the wing when we are short players or playing a tough club. I would rather have Perrott there always and see what he can do with say Green and Domi as linemates.