View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 11:03 AM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
David Poile is very good in the draft. He has a system where the more constrictions he has the bettter. The crappier the draft the better. The Finley draft was one of the worst in NHL history and he got Erat and a bunch of role NHL players in a year you were lucky to get ONE NHL player. He's not as great with asset maximization. Part of it is loyalty to vets. Just look at Hamhuis. He's not trading him because he knows the trauma moving a family does. As for Peverley and Jones. They didn't fit the system. Every GM knew that. They didn't make a trade and Poile had to lose them for nothing.
Are you kidding me?

Poile didnt move hamhuis because the things we got offered werent good enough to offset the downgrade this years team would have incurred. Same thing with Ellis i am sure. Poile knows that we need to make the playoffs THIS YEAR even if it means we lose hamhuis and Ellis for nothing.

people say he doesnt manage assets well because they perceive a glut of defensemen in our system but guess what? Having two or three young, and therefore cheap, defensemen on the roster every year is Poile master plan... its what allows us to have money to pay goalies and forwards.

I think its ludicrous to give poile crap because he didnt trade our non-succcessful prospects(replying to Enoch here).... heck, im sure every team has plenty of prospects that dont ever make it and in retrospect they would have liked to have dumped, but thats how it works.