09-27-2003, 07:57 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
Perhaps, I wasn't clear. Ben Eager stats at rookie tourney were;

39 BEN EAGER 4GP 0G 0A 5PIMS

I wasn't referring to his stats back in junior just indicating that he was released back to junior. I know stats don't tell the entire story but compared to other NHL camps our prospects are not producing. My oringinal point stevex.

And it is a valid point eye and one that would mean more if we hadn't won the tournament. Individual stats don't tell the whole story. By most accounts Taffe was one of the best players on the ice and he too did not register much in terms of offensive statistics.

But your point is valid eye. Where are the difficult decisions for management? If anything most of our prospects have made it very easy for management to send them back to junior or down to the farm. Maybe it is a self-fullfilling propecy as that appears to be the game plan from the start so could the problem be a lack of motivation? I'm not pulling the alarm bell yet but its a situation that should be monitored very closely for next season. It could be a sign that our scouting department is not up to snuff or it could be that our prospects are not top line material (a point that has been made already) and our expectations are too high.