View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Herschel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by druncan View Post
this team is looking awfully like the team that finished last season. yeah, they're still good, and they'll win their share of games, but it looks like other teams are showing up more prepared. they're either super pumped to play the sharks and prove to themselves that they can beat an "elite" team, or they're gearing up for the playoffs. the sharks, meanwhile, are still playing like a lumbering giant, just going through the motions.

i have yet to see this team consistently match the intensity of their opponent. i know it's a cliche, but it just looks like the other teams "want" it more, and we're not even in the playoffs yet.
But what you are talking about isn't the same for the Sharks. It is one thing for a team clinging to any possible chance at the playoffs 'wanting it more' they have more to play for then a team that can coast into the playoffs.

Your second point is getting fired up to play an ELITE team, none of these teams offer that measuring stick for the Sharks. Had they blown out the Stars we would all me talking about how the Sharks are great at beating teams that arent going to make the playoffs but they dont show up against the top teams.

The measuring stick for playoff success, if there is one, is going to come against the Vancouver. If the team shows up and wants it I see big things for the post season, now if it is a repeat of last night... well Todd has a message to send, and it might need to be sent to a big name player.

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote