View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
and if you cannot accept that those channels are owned and operated by the same company -- who has decided that the residents [who are their customers] of one of those cities [when they relocate] can still have access, while the residents [who are their customers] of the other city [when they relocate] cannot still have access

=

unequal treatment by that company of the 2 groups of their own customers,

then you cannot accept reality.
1. If you had bothered to read my post instead of clipping it down to two sentence fragments, you'll see that I said they were owned by the same company. That does not make them the same channel.

2. Comcast has decided - as was previously their right - that only terrestrial-based systems within the CSN-P region can receive CSN-P. They haven't picked and chosen random groups of people to receive CSN-P.

3. As stated numerous times, every customer of DTV has access to the same channels. As stated numerous times, every customer of DTV can get CSN-DC. As stated numerous times, no customer of DTV can get CSN-P. That is the metric of fairness. The metric of fairness is not based on which region the customer wants to watch. If - and only if - some-but-not-all DTV customers could get CSN-P and others not - then there would be a fairness concern.

4. Why are you not complaining about the Comcast customers who can't get CSN-P on Comcast? Why are you insisting on making it about satellite? Why is the cart going before the horse?

5. Instead of looking at it as "punishment" for fans of CSN-P, why is it not a privilege for fans of CSN-DC? Since when did viewing CSN-P become a constitutional right?

6. An Madison, WI resident who moves to Tampa, FL cannot get their Madison, WI stations on Tampa's Bright House cable. By watching the Tampa NBC affiliate and its advertisements, they in effect are NBC customers, but are prevented from watching their Madison affiliate. NBC should provide Bright House with all their affiliates. Why no outrage there?

Do not edit one single character from this response.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote