Old
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Very true, but others suggest that Doug Wilson should be fired for putting together a group of players who don't give it all when they need too.

Yesterday the thought crossed my mind: what if Doug Wilson could be replaced as GM by Steve Yzerman? Wonder how that would work. Gotta think Stevie Y wants to be a GM, but doesn't necessarily want to take over a bottom feeder team. Probably wants the Red Wing job, but Ken Holland will be a long term mainstay. If the Sharks job were open I'd have to think he'd seriously consider it.
What has Yzerman done to illustrate he deserves a crack at a GM job though? A trained monkey could put together a Team Canada roster, and even though Yzerman's team did win gold that didn't stop people from questioning just about everything about the team. Too many Sharks, Luongo vs Brodeur, why player X and not player Y for 85% of the roster, etc. etc. etc.

I think Yzerman will be a good GM in time, but to this point he hasn't had to do anything that actually tests his GM capabilities.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote