View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
ToursLepantoVienna

vCash: 500
I'm cautiously optimistic because the Sharks now have a bigtime finisher, Heater, and have greatly improved the 3rd/4th line "compete" level with the acquisitions of Malhotra, Nichol, and Ortmeyer, the improved play of Staubitz, and the exit of Shelley.

I have two big concerns about this team.

Inconsistent play: recently they play well for 10-30 minutes per game, including Nabby. Not a recipe for victory. Hopefully this is a temporary slump that almost all quality teams experience a couple of times per season.

Consistently terrible play in the d-zone: missed coverages, failed clearing attempts, lost 1-on-1 battles, turnovers, sloppy passes, etc. The coaching staff has had all season to address that, and has failed to do so. Although everybody makes mistakes, these are not untalented players. I have to lay most of the blame for the poor d-zone play on coaching (and no CE [waaaahhh!]).

And yes, please come back soon MEV, with the form you showed the last 10 games before your injury. That would be a big help. Then Blake's (ugh!) minutes can be substantially reduced; at this point in his career he is a d-zone liability.

ToursLepantoVienna is offline   Reply With Quote