View Single Post
Old
03-17-2010, 06:42 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
being a customer of a satellite company has nothing to do with how comcast treats it's own customers unequally

you are talking about how Comcast treats satellite customers, and I'm talking about how comcast treats it's OWN Customers, which is the relevant point. Comcast is the company the FCC is going after for it's reprehensible behavior, not some satellite company.

i'm not talking about a satellite company's customers, i'm talking about transplanted Comcast customers [from philly] who do not get treated the same as transplanted Comcast customers [from DC]:
one group still gets access to their CSN, one does not = unequal treatment.

[and the reason the FCC is going after them]

you lose.
Just because you say "you lose" doesn't make it so.

You're the one who keeps pushing the "Comcast customers with satellite" agenda. Since absolutely no single person on the planet can get Comcast cable via satellite (as a Comcast Satellite service does not yet exist to my knowledge), then that makes DTV completely relevant.

How many Comcast customers outside the Philadelphia market can get CSN-P on Comcast cable? Based on your own admission in the previous thread - zero.

How many Comcast customers outside the Washington DC market can get CSN-DC on Comcast cable? Based on your own admission in the previous thread - zero.

How many Comcast customers outside the Bay Area market can get CSN-Bay on Comcast cable? Based on your own admission in the previous thread - zero.

Et cetera.

So you - Bernie Parent 1974 - bring in "Comcast customers who have satellite service" as being relevant to the discussion. The number of people who pay for Comcast cable AND a satellite cable service is infinitesimally small, first of all. Nobody (other than yourself) who has read either of the two threads about this can understand how or why it's even relevant. Since Comcast customers in Oklahoma, etc., who are CSN-P fans cannot get CSN-P on Comcast - how are those Comcast customers who have satellite service and who are CSN-P fans being treated unfairly in comparison to those Comcast customers outside the Philadelphia market who do not have satellite service?

You continue to measure fairness by saying, "Well a transplanted DC guy gets to see his network while a transplanted Philly guy doesn't," but that's not how the world works. That's not how fairness is measured. Do both transplants have access to the same networks? Yes. That is the sole metric of how fairness is measured.

Just because a Comcast customer in the Pacific Northwest who (foolishly) chooses to pay for satellite service in addition to his cable service, and in doing so now has access to certain CSN networks, does not grant this customer any rights over any other Comcast customer outside the Philadelphia market. It does grant him certain privileges, but those same privileges are ascertainable without being a Comcast customer. So you are completely fabricating the situation now by saying of this guy "Well a Comcast customer in Philadelphia can get CSN-P, while this Comcast customer in Seattle can't get CSN-P through his satellite service." Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Comcast's business decisions in this matter are not at all indicative of reprehensible behavior. Maintaining one's legal rights is the furthest thing from "reprehensible behavior." Your only "proof" of this fabricated vendetta against transplanted Philadelphians is to bemoan Comcast for acting within their rights as a business.

And furthermore, you continue to be disrespectful to me, so I will post this again. Perhaps you will this time read the entire thing as you clearly have not done, including the final sentence. I am now, for the third time this afternoon asking you not to edit my posts down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave
2. Comcast has decided - as was previously their right - that only terrestrial-based systems within the CSN-P region can receive CSN-P. They haven't picked and chosen random groups of people to receive CSN-P.

3. As stated numerous times, every customer of DTV has access to the same channels. As stated numerous times, every customer of DTV can get CSN-DC. As stated numerous times, no customer of DTV can get CSN-P. That is the metric of fairness. The metric of fairness is not based on which region the customer wants to watch. If - and only if - some-but-not-all DTV customers could get CSN-P and others not - then there would be a fairness concern.

4. Why are you not complaining about the Comcast customers who can't get CSN-P on Comcast? Why are you insisting on making it about satellite? Why is the cart going before the horse?

5. Instead of looking at it as "punishment" for fans of CSN-P, why is it not a privilege for fans of CSN-DC? Since when did viewing CSN-P become a constitutional right?

6. An Madison, WI resident who moves to Tampa, FL cannot get their Madison, WI stations on Tampa's Bright House cable. By watching the Tampa NBC affiliate and its advertisements, they in effect are NBC customers, but are prevented from watching their Madison affiliate. NBC should provide Bright House with all their affiliates. Why no outrage there?

Do not edit one single character from this response.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote