View Single Post
Old
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Shoeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sure, it's entirely legit. I mean, anything that gets someone active everyday is going to work. But CrossFit requires a lot of upper-body strength to get the most out of it. You really need to be able to do 10-15 pull-ups and bench close to your body weight to really start taking full advantage.
Don't let anything stop you from trying out CrossFit. I thought the same thing, that I needed to be in fantastic shape to get the full effect of CrossFit. When I started I couldnt do 10-15 pull-ups, but without Crossfit I probably still wouldnt be able. The trainers and everyone there understand that the first time doing CrossFit is going to be hard. I thought CrossFit would be this meat head gym and I would feel out of place because I wasn't as strong as everyone else, but it wasnt the case. The trainers and other people there cheer you on.

If anyone lives in the South Jersey area, I encourage you to check out CrossFit Off-the-Grid. http://crossfitotg.blogspot.com/

I started going back in the summer and I couldn't imagine working out anyway else.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote