View Single Post
Old
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Read between the lines, what is he really saying?

Larry may have a bone or two to pick to put it lightly, but Torts hasn't help himself either with the attitude.
Perhaps you're right.

Playing Devil's Advocate against my earlier post, Brooks might be the only journalist/columnist covering the Rangers who has the guts to say in print what all the others honestly feel about Torts. I guess I wouldn't be surprised and Torts is horrible about handling his media responsibilities as a coach (he probably gets away with it because Slats is as well, in a different way).

It's just that, although I get the impression that Gross, Zipay and Obernauer sometimes lose patience with Torts, Brooks is the only one making bold claims about Torts killing the locker room and the players hating him, etc. Brooksie is certainly the one who's most secure in his job (Gross has only recently been rehired by a paper, who knows how long Newsday will keep going as a concern, Obernauer is relatively new to the Rangers beat). Perhaps Brooks is the only one who isn't intimidated by Torts.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the journos talk about Torts when he's not around. Even more so for the players.

Last edited by 007: 03-18-2010 at 04:33 PM.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote