View Single Post
Old
02-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Good Game write and read ..

I like the Bell play by play ..

“That was huge,” said defenceman Brendan Bell of the Druken goal, which came on the Leafs’ only power-play of the game. “If we had started the third period down 3-0, I don’t know if we could have overcome that gap in 20 minutes.

“But when Drukes scored, it was like ‘OK, we can do this.’ I think everybody on the team knew we could come back. We went in the dressing room saying all we needed is a goal early in the third.”
That’s exactly what happened, with Matt Stajan scoring his 14th of the season before the third period was four minutes old.

“When we got that one, it was like we went from thinking ‘OK, we can do this’ to “OK, we are going to do this. It’s going to happen,’” said Bell, who would play a part in turning such positive thinking into reality at 12:59 of the third, by setting up Kyle Wellwood’s team-leading 22nd goal of the season.

Wellwood had been knocked down behind the Hamilton net and looked to be out of the play as the Bulldogs moved to clear the defensive zone, but Bell kept the puck in at the Hamilton blueline and fed Wellwood, who had picked himself up and found himself all alone in front of Bulldogs’ goalie Yann Danis. One move to the backhand later and the game was tied.
“I love seeing Welly alone in front of the net,” said Bell. “When the puck came to me, I started to shoot, but I looked up and saw Welly standing all by himself, and I thought ‘this is going to be an assist for me.’”

http://www.sjmapleleafs.ca/schedule/gr50.asp

on another note ... Bell has been playing some very solid hockey on the long road trip and recently ... That is very promising from a prospect point of view .. Bell may actually have been the best Dman over the past month, while carlo recovers from his injury ..