View Single Post
Old
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post

Sorry but that's not a fact. The only articles people are making a big deal out of are ones where he mentions anything possibly negative about Tortorella.
I don't think you're reading the articles nor their titles then. Did you really think blasting Tortorella for making the team travel together to local arenas was newsworthy of an entire column/article? How about his tear-jerking cancellation of the Father outing during a critical period of the season? And now a piece about him being the Rangers dictator despite Sather being the GM? Pleeeease....... If Tortorella sneezes by the locker room you'll probably see an article lambasting him for jeopardizing the players' health...

Quote:
Regardless of how I feel about Brooks or about the coaching situation I don't like when any head coach calls out a Captain for what he says.
So Captains are NEVER in the wrong or make misguided or poorly worded statements to the media? Sorry but a coach needs to step in and defend the rest of the players on his roster if he feels his Captain has wrongly characterized a situation with the team after a frustrating loss. It reflects even more poorly on the organization to have the Captain saying one thing and the coach characterizing it completely differently when he's interviewed.... What Drury said was vague and it was a poor choice of words as no one can decipher exactly what he meant or whom he was calling out but the very tone of it had negative connotations for all the younger players on the roster and that's not well deserved for some of them.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-18-2010 at 11:34 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote