Old
03-19-2010, 02:17 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by polmaniac932 View Post
I thought Marleau, Thornton, Heatley and Setoguchi actually played decently well. They generated more chances than any other line.
Marleau Thornton, and Heatley, once they were together, basically had a good 8-10 minutes. They controlled play in the 2nd period for a couple of shifts, and the pushed a little bit while they were out on the PP with Boyle and Pavs. But overall they weren't as effective as they could've been. In a strange sort of parallel though, the Sedin line didn't do a hell of a lot either though.

As for Seto, he was OK, but I think in part he benefited from the fact that Pavs played a very very good game (bar none, the most dangerous Shark) and Clowe did well too. He had a couple of very good chances that he ended up blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Huskins was solid as well. 2 assists.
No. Huskins was in part responsible for one of the Canuck goals (the Johnson one, I think) and his assists were pretty much gifts.

In general I thought the D was ineffective from an offensive standpoint. the puck didn't really work through them all that much, except Boyle. Also I want to strangle Huskins if he tries another ill-advised pinch.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote