View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
We could argue this all day. I don't see you quoting any sources for your 20 goal expectations. I certainly don't remember any such quotes from anyone. What I remember was a bunch of people, including me, being amazed that the Sharks were able to get Boyes as part of the Nolan deal.

You can think having Boyes still makes the JT trade go down. And maybe it does. But the question is if the Sharks have Boyes does DW ever really go calling Boston at all? No matter what your thoughts on that, you are right in that JT is part of the problem, not the answer. And in time I think it will be proven that Heatley is not part of the answer, and Boyle isn't either. And god knows Blake isn't. The Sharks are trying to build a team of "superstars", ignoring the fact that this never worked for Toronto, and it never worked for New York. It's also ignoring the fact that the Sharks team that achieved the most was a team with depth is skill and scoring, including six 20+ goal scorers and "the best 3rd line in hockey". And yet somehow DW continues to think that high skill players beat high will players.

So disagree with me all you want. Certainly enough other people do. But this team will not succeed until they change their team building mind-set, they change their development system (firing Sommer as a start), and they change their drafting system (they have to scout outside of the 67's, they need better assessments of 1st and 2nd round guys, and they need to scout in Europe outside of Germany).

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote