View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 01:15 PM
coooldude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
2 regulation losses and one OTL. Watch out! The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!
Welp, it isn't looking any better now... Sure, it's the regular season and doesn't really matter and all, but I'd be happier if we were playing well. For what it's worth, many people external to the Sharks fanbase just don't think this team has it this year, and they're not even citing the playoff failures of the past... they just think our player mix is off. Defense is slow, Nabby is inconsistent and getting older, etc etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelReserveGuy View Post
"Phoenix is on a bit of hot streak right now, but we're still first in the Western Conference and if anything, we've got to look at it that way. We're obviously a good hockey team. We've put ourselves into a good position. We just have to get out of this and bounce back." Ryane Clowe

Does that make anyone feel more optimistic? To me it sounds like the sharks are more lackadaisical than ever
Losing streaks are hard, seasons are long. You can't expect the guys to give fiery speeches to the media every single game. We're now at 5 straight, and last game Clowe was very vocal to the media about how crappy they're playing. You do whatever you need to do to get out of a streak like this... As McLellan said, some guys need kicks, some guys need hugs.

Comments like this don't bother me, what bothers me is the play on the ice. And the play on the ice is speaking for itself.

coooldude is offline   Reply With Quote