View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
B-rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerdraft View Post
Surely if the Sedins could improve their speed by roller blading up Swedish hills all summer Kesler can improve his release, shot accuracy and shot power by shooting 500 pucks a day all summer?

I don't think it's much of a stretch to suggest that as hard of a worker as Kesler is he's bound to improve year in, year out just as the Sedins have done.
Good call Millerdraft. I completely agree with this notion. The best players are almost always the hardest workers. They've got the skills, but all of these guys have taken it upon themselves to work and work to improve missing elements of their game. It's not a fluke that they have improved year after year. The same goes for Luongo, who apparently also works tirelessly on his game.

I believe that given his work ethic it's not too much of a stretch to think that Kesler could raise his game to an even higher level. Actually, his play during the Olympics I believe was a glimpse of what he could bring consistently in the future.

I also think this is why you keep a guy like Mason Raymond around. From all reports, he's constantly working on improving his skills - always last off the ice, and in alone to work with the skills coach. He's another guy that has improved year after year, and with his work ethic there's no reason to think he won't take another couple of leaps in the next few seasons. These are the guys you build team's around, and it's refreshing to see that Gillis recognizes this.