View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 05:01 PM
ISharkted

vCash: 500
The root of the Sharks problems?

I am sure many of the people who post here grew up playing sports, probably many of you continue to play sports. While I never did more with hockey than pick-up inline hockey, I think my theory holds true whether we are talking basketball, football, baseball or *insert team sport here*. If your team leaders, stars, talented players seem disinterested, I think it is hard to "get up" for the game. I'd argue that in the case of paid sports, there would have to be some resentment, no? If Jumbo is making X million per year and you are making the league minimum, wouldn't that grate on you? I mean Jed has considerably less natural talent than Jumbo, but Jed gets scratched over someone who seems so disconnected.

Jumbo - leader, no passion... golly gee guess we came up short again. Patty - seemingly emotionless as well. Nabokov - seemingly emotionless. I think you would be hard pressed to argue that on paper at least, these are the big three of the Sharks. If they are given a free pass, year after year, to not show up, what kind of a message does that send to the rest of the team?

I have been a Sharks fan since their inception, and living on the east coast practically my entire life, always being a visiting fan and supporting the team - this gets old. I miss the less talented teams of the 90's that played with heart. Ok I digress... back to my point. Sadly, (and I sincerely hope I can eat crow on this) I do not think this team will take it to the next level until 2 of those 3 are gone. If the failboat sinks again this year in the playoffs, maybe we can be rid of Nabby for next year. I see Jumbo as the next piece to go. Sign Patty for a home town friendly deal, let him retire as a Shark. Trade Jumbo while he still has value. Getting a top defense in exchange for him would be great. Taking away the salaries of Jumbo, Crapbokov, and ancient Blake we could undertake a mini retooling.

Rant done .... frustrated.

ISharkted is offline   Reply With Quote