View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Well first off we have too many d-men under contract next season and have NHL-ready Subban needing a spot on the roster. We can't bury Subban in the minors for another year when he lead the team in points for a d-men, plus/minus etc. So therefore trading for Coburn makes zero sense unless we traded Hamrlik/Spacek in return (with a package coming back) to free up a spot. Flyers obviously can't take Hammer/Spacek and the possibility of trading them to other teams is slim.
Understandable.

Quote:
Second, Habs can't take on any high-salaried contracts for forwards like Hartnell. I'll look past his lack of production this season and his underperforming ways... The bottom line is that we can't afford to trade for him and re-sign Plekanec. Ditto Briere etc.
Understandable.

Quote:
So what does that leave us? 1st / 2nd round picks? Lets see... Flyers have none.
Understandable.

Quote:
So in a nutshell, if the Flyers can't part with JVR/Giroux then there is nothing they can do to entice a trade for Price/Halak. You could always try an offersheet. Oh wait... no you can't.
Understandable.

Quote:
Shafer quoting "reality" is comical at best. Lets face it Chris, there is very little on the Flyers that could turn a trade for Price/Halak other than Giroux/JVR.

And that's a little dose of reality for you.
I never said anything about realistically acquiring Halak or Price. It's nice to think about, but I never said anything like that. Realistically, the teams make bad trading partners unless we do acquire some picks/assets by trading away one of our d-men before making a deal with Montreal. I never said anything contrary to that fact. So why are you claiming my "reality" is comical just because I said that neither JVR nor Giroux is worth Price or Halak?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote