Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Lee Baldwin
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I know he's a rookie. I went to highschool with him and he was in my Gym class. In fact, he's the one that told me higgins was traded and packed his bags. Gilroy was a forward at St Mary's in his highschool career. He switched to defense in College. That should say a little something too.

I just want to assess his game as it is. People were complaining about Poti? Gil's is very similar in style. He's a very soft player. He has an extremely tough time containing the puck off of bigger players. He's also easily rattled along the boards. His speed makes up for his poor positioning at times.

I would love for him to improve. I just don't see any meaningful improvement from him.
I think its a little unfair to assess him only on this season. It was a very large jump for him to go from college where he had to take classes straight to the NHL where he played a lot more games.

I am sure he has gotten worn down and to me it makes no sense why Sather and Torts didn't make a 7th defenseman more of a priority considering his lack of games played/season prior to this year.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote