View Single Post
Old
02-07-2005, 06:55 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Here is what I don't understand. Why do guys choose to play dirty when we are all just playing for the fun of the game? I take every game as seriously as the next, to try my best to compete...but I can't for the life of me, imagine giving a guy a whack or spear or butt for any reason.
It's a good question without a simple answer. Some say society puts too much emphasis on winning thus people are conditioned with this "win at all cost" attitude that makes them lose perspective, and act like fools.

Maybe if this guy was taught at an early age that point of sport is for fun and excercise not to win,win,win then he wouldn't be such a menace.

Coaching at grassroot levels has been horrible in Canada for ages and still is today. I bet at one point this guys coach told him "if they play dirty, you play dirty" OR "if u can get away with it then get away with it" OR "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" ... The problem is if we live 'eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth' the whole world ends up toothless and blind.