View Single Post
Old
03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
The Alaskan Assassin

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_.../88729947.html

Quote:
“Everything was finalized Wednesday around one and then they announced it Thursday. In Montreal, I couldn’t imagine playing for a more respected organization. Hockey is life there. It’s die-hard. I was at their development camp last summer, so I know five or six guys on their AHL team and obviously I know Scott Gomez from Alaska. I’ve skated with him in the summer and I remember reading an article where he called Montreal the mecca of hockey, and that’s so true.”

The Fairbanks native, nicknamed the Alaskan Assassin while in Vernon, wrote on Facebook: “Today is the greatest day of my life. One step closer to a 22-year dream. Thanks to everyone who helped me get here!”

Habs’ GM Pierre Gauthier announced he had signed the free agent, who recorded 15 goals and 27 points in his second season with the Buckeyes.

There was really never any doubt that some NHL team would lock up the 6-foot, 196-pound muscle-bound forward with roadrunner speed.

“That offer was there last year, but between the two of them (Bishop and his agent), he decided to go back for one more year (of school),” said Viper head coach Mark Ferner.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote