03-21-2010, 11:05 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
seriously, people?

its not even close.

its no coincidence that the two sustained winning streaks this team has had this season have been almost entirely on the strength of Rinne playing lights out.

look at the sched for the year. we are currently 16 games over .500

13 of that 16 games are a 7 game Rinne win streak in November and the current 6 game win streak, all by Rinne.
Of course it's close. Rinne has had two great stretches of 13 games. He is one of the main reasons we did so well during those stretches but he also had his moments where he struggled mightily. Honestly, I don't think there's been one player that has been utterly consistent from the get go til now. Hornqvist has had his streaks and slumps. Erat certainly had a great stretch at one point. Wilson is having a hot streak right now. Legwand, Sully, Dumont and Arnott have really not gone on any major tears this year. Weber and Suter have been good but haven't really dominated from the blue line.

I think Hornqvist has had some of the biggest goals for us this year that either put us ahead or tied it up like today. I think our record when Ward scores a point can't be overlooked. I don't think this is a cut and dry question.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote