View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
speeds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
I think the main reason why Oiler fans are still a little hesitant about Hemsky, even after seeing his wicked rookie year, is that we have seen people like this before who have not turned out to our high expectation. Highly rated kids who still have to find their groove in the nhl like bonsignore and steve kelly never materialized. imo hemsky is 100 times better than either of those 2, but he still has to prove to us that he is a player. Actually, I take this as good news about the Oiler fans now. Hesitancy tends to make the player more willing to "show what he's got" and make us believers, instead of the days (mid 90's) when every first rounder we thought to be a savior and we dumped the whole burden of a miserable team on their shoulders
very good point. I'm not saying Hemsky's gonna max out as a 30 point player, but it's worth noting that Arnott's best season was probably his rookie season (that's got to be a pretty rare happening with a PF); his first full sesaon. It can happen that a guy simply plateaus early.