Thread: Wake-up Call
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
SharksAddict

vCash: 500
Well it looks like scratching the star players option has been ruled out by TMac (from DP's blog):

“Are we going to put that type of player on the bench and sit him there for a game? It’s probably not going to happen. They’re too valuable,” he said.

“And let’s face it, we’re going to win or lose with these guys and we have to get through this with them. We can’t take them out of the group and say, ‘You sit and watch. Let’s let the rest of them find their way out.’ That’s not how it happens. They have to lead the way out.”

I asked Scott Nichol if it was possible for a team not to get too low after a loss like last night’s, what with all the talk all the time of staying on an even keel.

“We can’t. We all are. It’s very discouraging that we can’t get out of it right now,” he said of the overall mood.

“I wish I had the answer. It’s unbelieveable,” Nichol said. “I would have never thought we could lose six in a row. This is such a talented team, I would have thought one guy would basically carry us on his back and get us out of it. Maybe we’re all trying to do too much. I don’t know.”

And then TMac adds this gem concerning ice time for Thornton and others:

“If you look at his minutes, they were cut down last night. The lines were changed, they weren’t on that last power play. That does happen,” the coach said.

Way to send a message Todd. Not sending them out there on a PP when the game had been over for awhile. Bravo to you.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote