Old
03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
TM's biggest issue for me is he isn't innovative. Also, he's trying to use a system that isn't appropriate for this team. If you want to keep his system, then you need to bring in blue-liners with superior foot speed and stick-handling who shut down the play at the blue-line. A fast offense top to bottom who rely on transition, creativity, and puck recovery.

Right now you've got a slow defense with poor stick-handling who back into the zone and attempt to clog up the shooting lanes (but suck at blocking shots) and are not aggressive on the puck carrier. You've got an offense who tries to play a grinding, cycling, offensive game that relies upon timing and individual skill. It's just a mess.
This post may me then wonder if Todd had any involvement at all in the various deals that happened the past year. I think most of us could agree that the system he wants to play was actually pretty well built for our team last year (with the team speed we had from top to bottom). I think most of us can also agree that we got a heck of a lot slower (not just from trading Ehrhoff, but also Milan, and the players we acquired, like Wallin). I can't imagine DW and TM failed to notice that happened, so did DW just not talk about it with Todd, or did Todd say he would change the system to fit the team, or what? And if there is some failure of communication between management and coaching about what types of players they want on the team, that could be a big problem.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote