View Single Post
Old
03-22-2010, 08:15 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Forward Lines Post Carter's Injury - Possible Call Ups?

Obviously we plug in Leino, but I personally would scratch Powe in lieu of a scorer from the AHL to try and compensate some of the scoring lost by Carter. I know we have lackluster scoring on the Phantoms, so please don't make this a "Our prospects are a bunch of 3rd/4th line potential scrubs" thread (I'm looking at you NWO).

Possible prospects to bring up:

Legein:
Positives: good scoring touch, fast, I envision an Upshall-esque player (maybe that is just me missing Scottie, though?)

Negatives: low assist totals (maybe due to his team sucking?), new to the organization so may not be first on the call-up list, even if he is the most deserving.

Maroon:
Positives: big body with scoring touch that we desperately need (Hi, Hartnell).

Negatives: has been injured alot this year, don't know if he is back at full speed since I don't watch many Phantoms games (I also hear his full speed isn't very fast )

Laliberte:
Positives: he scored a couple last time he was called up

Negatives: kind of think those were flukes.

Matsumoto:
Positives: most accomplished point producer on the Phantoms for the last few years, a center (to replace a center lost), would be playing for his NHL life after being shackled in the AHL

Negatives: the organization obviously hates him for some reason

Pyorala:
Positives: would be a good 3rd line checking role with decent scoring capability

Negatives: been there, done that

Of that list I would personally like to see Matsumoto. The forward lines would then be:

Gagne - Richards - Briere
JVR - Giroux - Leino
Hartnell - Matsumoto - Asham
Carcillo - Betts - Lappy

or

Gagne - Richards - Carcillo
JVR - Giroux - Briere
Hartnell - Matsumoto - Leino
Asham - Betts - Lappy

I personally like the 2nd set of lines because the first line has shown alot of chemistry when put together, as have Briere and Giroux in last year's playoffs.

They most likely will just put Powe instead of calling someone up (because, as has been well documented, Homer is an idiot), but I we could at least discuss the possibilities of a slightly greener pasture to distract us from the dark reality.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote