F Seth Ambroz - U of Minnesota, Big10 (2011, 128th overall, Columbus)
View Single Post
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Originally Posted by
I wouldnt get to excited about his numbers, don't forget Stanislav Galiev was over a point per game as a 16 year old and he's put up pretty average numbers in the QMJHL, a league that has been suffering to produce offensive superstars outdside of Crosby and Lecavalier.
size differential or not, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for Ambroz just yet.
top 5 for next years draft are
1. Adam Larsson, pretty easily, most points by any rookie, let alone a defenseman
2. Sean Couturier 17 year old who won the QMJHL scoring, 6'4 Right Winger in his 16-17 year old sophomore season, dont see any reason why he shouldnt be here.
3. Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Jonathan Toews comparison, motor never stops running.
4. David Musil, 6'4 defenseman who plays for the Vancouver Giants
5. Ty Rattie - heard he is similar to Hopkins exept plays on a stacked team.
6. Duncan Siemens
7. Seth Ambroz
8. Michael St. Croix, - *started slow, but had 44 pts in his last 50 games, point a game fo rthe last 2 months for the Oil Kings, was projected to go 1st overall in 2008 bantam draft but went 5th I think.
9. Matt Puempel - 33 goals, 31 assists in 59 games as a 16 year old, very impressive, 6.00, 190 lbs, good size.
10. Gabriel Landeskog - Brendan Morrow with more offense are apt comparisons.
Galiev had 60 pts in 67 games as a 17 year old. Not draw-dropping numbers, but they certainly are much better than average.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Mountainside