View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
I would like to ask some of you if you could tell me what you all expect out of him? As in statistics, his linemates and what his offensive ceiling is?

Thanks in advance..

at this point, it's anybody's guess. he started off with a bang, coming out and scoring 20 goals in his first real season, and everyone had him pegged as the first pure offensive talent that the predators had ever really had. last season, parts of his game improved(defense, faceoffs) but his scoring was too glaringly disappointing to overlook, finishing with only 11 goals. optimists feel that he was snakebitten(at times, it certainly seemed that way...he could manage to hit a post on every wide open shot that he had), pessimists felt that the 20 goals were a matter of fluke. this will be a telling season, i think. the organization is pretty high on him, signing him to a new three year deal this summer, but i think that if he continues to struggle, i wouldn't be surprised to see him traded away.

linemates, i'm going to guess....at least to start, i wouldn't be surprised to see "the vowel line" reunited...martin erat(should he come out of camp with the spot, which i think he will) denis arkhipov and vladimir orszagh. offensive ceiling? anywhere from 10 to 35 goals. depends on what's he's really got, which none of us knows.