Thread: Post-Game Talk: I'll just leave this link here....
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I think we'll see some RFA movement and probably Harding...that will be about it. Issue is, we have so much tied up into Backstrom now that it does hurt our chances at signing a high profile FA anyways. Bouchard needs to be off the books again. Sykora didn't work out so hopefully we stay away from the over the hill guys.

The deal would never work in hindsight but they thought it was pretty fair and balanced. Helps them out mucho beuno and gets them under the cap a lot quicker. It does mean we take on a high ass contract though....

Chicago:
Harding
Burns
Nolan
Brodziak
2010 Washington's 2nd rounder

Minnesota:
Sharp
Versteeg
Campbell

Fills the holes, and we get an overpaid dman who probably needs a fresh start out of Chicago and gives us two solid options on the PP working the point (Zidlicky and himself)

Versteeg-Koivu-Brunette
Latendresse-Sharp-Havlat
Clutterbuck-Bouchard (if he comes back)-Kobasew
Earl-Ebbett-Mittens

Zanon-Zidlicky
Barker-Campbell
Hnidy-Schultz

Backstrom
Anton Khudobin
Phew, that's quite the shake-up. I don't know how much I can agree with that trade, but I can see where you are coming from on it. It's not guranteed that Versteeg and Sharp would be able to produce the same, and I really don't like the idea of trading Burns away.

Campbell is signed for another 6 years at 7.1 million. I don't think there's any way that is worth taking on, but I think that a shake-up of the roster could be good. We pretty much have overhauled the whole thing since this point last year so I can see it.

The FA market won't be too good to us this off-season with the money tied up in Backstrom and PMB. Also, it doesn't look to be too strong of one since scoring wingers don't grow on trees, you pretty much have to develop one or hope to get to lucky and trade for one. I think that we won't do too much this offseason, I see us making one more trade with the Blackhawks and seeing Harding move. Then, hoepfully we pick up some talent int he draft.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote