View Single Post
Old
03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Oh man... I forgot Cam ward... Remember when Carolina deceided to trust their young goalie in playoff when Martin Gerber was horrible against the Canadien...
If you are insinuating that the Flyers should follow path I think you don't realize who different their situation was from ours. Cam Ward was a young first round pick, their number 1 goalie of the future, had posted great numbers in an AHL season (1.99GAA .937SV%), and had spend the season as a back up at the NHL level (28 games). Where as Backlund who the Flyers took a chance on signed as a free agent since they seem unable to draft a decent goalie and hoped he might be an NHL player. He's almost had a full season in the AHL and has put up below average numbers (2.79GAA 28th out of 40; .906 SV% 30th out of 40). Don't even get me started Duchesne who at this point is no more than an ECHL level goalie in three pro seasons he only played 299 minuets (almost 3 and one third games). I think it's safe to assume neither will be the Flyers' savior.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote