Thread: hab questions
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
I don't see Perreault, Dackell, Juneau returning. I could see Traverse or Dykhuis returning at a lower price if the team needed depth. Quintal may return if one of the other veteran right defensemen (Rivet, Brisebois) are dealt.

Least chance of making the team? Do you mean next season or in general? I would agree regarding Balej, I don't see much of a future with him. He may make it, but he'll never be a real asset to the club, in my opinion.

But I would say someone like Andre Deveaux or Scott Selig have the least chance to make the team. Both are pretty much off the team's radar and neither have done much to stick out in their respective leagues.

It's early to tell, but I would expect the lineup next year to consist of the following:

LW: Bulis, Hossa, Ryder, Sundstrom, Dwyer
C: Koivu, Higgins, Kilger, Ribeiro
RW: Audette, Perezhogin, Ward, Ferland
D: Markov, Komisarek, Brisebois, Rivet, Hainsey, Souray, Quintal

Ferland is a bit of a reach.

That's 9 youngsters for a 18 skater roster. Definitely a significant chunk of the roster. I'd be surprised if any of the youngsters aside from Ferland didn't crack this team's lineup by next season, to be honest.

I also expect Gainey to bring in a couple veterans to replace the "losses" and give the team some grinders, depth, and coachable players. Could happen throughout this season even.