View Single Post
Old
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I've always loved Mike, but his mealy-mouthed interview after the game was embarrassing. It's HIS job to make sure his teammates are giving a full effort and to ream them if they are not. It's not his job to stand there after the game looking stunned and perplexed as to why some of them didn't.

More embarrassing is that they DID give a full effort. They were all really trying out there, except Briere of course, he really can't be bothered to do much of anything.

If Richards is really the captain, he should have taken a fine and said, 'the refs sucked, we got screwed over and over again, we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.'

Instead we get mumbling and shuffling of feet.

Rip the C off his sweater and put it on someone who gives a crap. He played a great game but if he is leading, no one is following.
Completely disagree. If you remember the whole Burrows incident earlier, a lot of people said that he was wrong for doing it -- as with fighting, there is a sort of unwritten code between players, refs, and coaches: what happens during the 60+ minutes of play stays within the confines of the ice...it's not for public discussion, and if anyone's gonna complain, it should be a coach or GM.

Do I think that it's good that the league's suckass officiating gets swept under the carpet? No, not at all. But that's how it is.

I think that the way Pronger handles it is hilarious. Do you really think that Pronger was fine with the way that the game was reffed yesterday? No. But he goes out of his way to say it wasn't their fault at all (i mean they did have a 2 minute 5-on-3). There was an article earlier in the year when a reporter asked Pronger about the refs and bias. He was like 'I don't think they're against us...I feel that we're always on the PP"

And as to the bolded -- Richards saying "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it" -- what then? So they're mad. What are they going to do to help their cause? Piss refs off so they can get screwed even more in the next 10 games that really matter. It isn't Richards' job to ***** and complain publicly. His job is to go out and compete hard night in and night out. Blaming the game on the refs -- and they were atrocious last night -- is an excuse that losers use, especially when the game was there for the Flyers' taking anyway.

Last edited by chimrichalds18: 03-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.
chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote