Thread: Injury Report: Ruutu to have Surgery
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Ugh.... I would bet anything that Tuomo has been playing with this injury since that Darcy Tucker fight that caused him to miss time.

And for those wondering, this is not the same shoulder he had operated on after the 03-04 season which is the good news.... I suppose. Two wonky shoulders as opposed to one terrible one.... I guess pick your poison.

As we know, most shoulder operations are roughly 14 month recovery time injuries. In that sense, it's good to get him under the knife and ready to go but it sucks he's hurt at all.

This will almost certainly have a lingering impact on his play next season.

As for who gets the call.... my vote goes for Samson. It would be as good of a time as any to see what he has. I don't think we have to replace Ruutu from a physicality standpoint to replace his production. Try Samson in a scoring line role and see what happens.

However, good money is on Oskar Osala getting those minutes. Tlusty is injured himself and trying to get healthy for Albany for the playoff push. Osala could come out of Albany and not hurt them as much as Samson's absence which could also be a consideration. With us having plucked away so much of their talent, it would be a shame to take more.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote