View Single Post
Old
03-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Anyone else feel that Kopitar is the Kings most improved player this year?

I don't give a damn about the stats - Anze has been a MAN in the second half of this season. The way he has been sacrificing his body along the boards on zone entry has been so impressive - for the first time in his career he has been using his strength to do all the little things the right way.

I've always felt Anze's was a one-effort-and-done player in the past, but his maturation late in this season has been remarkable.
I was talking to Piston about this tonight. The one aspect of Kopitar's game I wish he had (which Piston believes he can still develop) is an edge. I want to see a hostile snarl permeate throughout his game, similar to Simmonds and Doughty. Piston thinks he will because Dustin eventually developed it. We shall see. Also, regarding going to the net, he hasn't done nearly as much of that since that Orpik hit. We saw from Anze at the beginning of the season a desire to skate over the blue line and do a bee line to the net and not around it. Since that hit, I have rarely seen him do that. I am convinced however it will return in the playoffs. One thing Kopitar has is intelligence and he knows that his game has a whole higher level it must reach in the post season.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote