Old
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I can't see this happening. Why would the Sharks take a young goalie, especially one who hasn't played in the NHL yet, when they have their very own young goalie who just set an AHL rookie record for wins?

I would love to get Schneider, but that's because I have a friend from college who is buddies with Cory from High School. It makes no sense to me to sign someone young when it's clear that Stalock will be the starter for this team within the next few years, if he's not already to do it next year (which I'm getting the impression he might be).

If anything, I would think they sign a vet goalie who can split time with Stalock in the NHL, or cover the job for the next 1-2 years. That might actually be Nabby at a smaller contract than he has now.
I agree with the first part that it makes little sense to expend assets on a young goalie when the Sharks already have a ton of young goalies and need help elsewhere.

On the latter part though I think Stalock needs another season of full-time duty as an AHL starter before I move him up. The Sharks might be loaded in net, but I'd hate for them to potentially stunt Stalock's development.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote