Thread: Proposal: Price/Halak situation.
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2010, 06:09 AM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
As a Habs fan, I would trade the goalie fetching the best return, period. I don't want to gamble on something as random as "potential" to decide who I'm going forward with.

Both goalies are very, very young, with tremendous potential. You get as much as possible. I personnally wouldn't like to be the one taking decisions, but I hope to god one of them gets traded this summer. Let's get our hands on a great young forward with potential able to play in the NHL next year. This, along with Subban, and hopefully a re-signed Plekanec, should make us legit contenders.

As far as the Oilers are concerned, I don't know. I feel like you wouldn't be willing to give up what we'd like to get in return.

If I trade Price to the Oilers, the guy I want in return is Sam Gagner.
If I trade Halak to the Oilers, I want a package of Brule and a decent prospect (Olivier Roy? Rajala?).

Ideally though, I'd dangle an offer to the Flyers and hope they bait and offer us Giroux or, please god, Van Riemsdyk.

A young core of Giroux/Van Riemsdyk/Gagner/Brule - Pouliot - Sergei Kostitsyn - PK Subban - Max Pacioretty would look great, along with Palushaj, Kristo, Leblanc and Avtsin waiting in the minors.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote