Thread: Rumor: Letang Offer
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Hophog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Taste View Post
We need Letang. There's no question. He'll make a mistake every couple games, but he and Orpik are the only dmen worth a damn in their own zone right now.
I felt like Letang's stock has been dropping lately but that might just be his development slowing somewhat. He was getting better game by game IMO since he entered the league and this season he's seemed about the same throughout. The game last night made me realize how much we need him though, or at least, made me realize how limited we really are offensively. I know Malkin and Gonch are out but come on! The best we have in shoot outs after Crosby and Letang are Guerin and Kunitz? I always thought we had a bit of an unfair advantage in shoot outs but, in actuality we are really lacking (stating the obvious, I'm sure)in that department. Letang is awesome in the shoot out though. It's too bad we can never get him one on one w/ a goalie in a game he has better hands than most everyone on the team w/ the exception of Crosby and maybe Malkin(although I haven't seen great hands from Geno for most of the season)

I'm also aware that Christiansan was a shoot out artist as well and we all saw that, that does not translate into game time goal scoring but Letang has many more tools (like skating) that EC didn't have.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote