Habs avoid 2nd Epic Fail, win 4-1
View Single Post
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Originally Posted by
Just came back from the game, here are my quick observations ..
1) Hal Gill is slow in case you did not know. Very painful to watch skating backwards, very painful.
2) Plekanec did not have his best game IMO, but made a very nice play to play the puck past the panthers D on the empty net goal.
3) Moore's line was fantastic again.
4) Halak was good when he had to be and in the second period he made a couple of great saves despite not seeing much action, hardest thing to do for a goalie.
5) Gionta never stops working when he is on the ice, he is like the energizer bunny. I am so glad we signed this guy.
6) Everytime Martin wanted a player to speak to the refs, he would send Cammalleri to do so, even if he wasn't on the ice. I found this very interesting.
I am not sure if you guys will kill me for saying this, but I would rather have Subban playing for us than Spacek. He has moments where he is very good, but most of the time he is unbearable to watch because I expected so much more from the guy.
This couldn't be any further from the truth. Spatch has been fantastic since the Olympic break. Problem with the first half of season is he was forced to play 25 mins a night without Markov. He was physically and mentally worn down.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Natedawg