View Single Post
Old
03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think what Grimson said on the post game was right on. He thought we played a solid game, much better than Tuesday against Dallas. He thought we outplayed them for first two periods but good teams will push back at some point and Phoenix did just that. You're not going to walk over any team in this league, let alone one of the better ones. They fought back and tied it up and kudos to them but at the same time, we didn't fold after they tied it up and got after them in OT and won it in the shootout. I didn't like giving up a point to them tonight but at the same time, glad we got the two points and kept moving ahead in the standings.
My problem is the Preds have time and time again look like to me lack that killer instinct to go into shutdown mode when they need too. That was my biggest problem with letting PHX back in. Up 3-1 with 8 minutes left in the third you still are trying cutsie little passes and weak plays. At that point you should be making safe plays, chipping the puck in deep, keeping 1 forward high, shooting when in doubt and crashing the net. Not doing curls after you enter the zone and forcing passes. That's the problem I had with the team tonight.

Also, we played waayyyyyyy to fancy in their zone tonight. I'm sick and tired of seeing us trying to force cute little passes. O'Reilly is the worst. We saw he has a good shot. Use it every once in awhile.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote