View Single Post
Old
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Depends on who you ask. Obviously it is not as intense in the sense that in very few places (if any at all) have every fan standing and cheering the entire game going nuts. There is usually one section of the stadium for supporters and the rest of the stadium is generally just casual fans with some crazies mixed in there. The talent level isn't as high either in the MLS, but it has gotten better. With Philly in the league now with Seattle last year, and Vancouver and Portland next season, the league should start picking up some momentum. Philly, Seattle, and Vancouver have pretty dedicated fan bases and I'm not too sure about Portland. I am envisioning a lot of sellouts in Philly and some loud crowds. My suggestion to you, if you want to get the whole "European" soccer feel, join the supporters group (the Sons of Ben) and sit in the supporters section. That's about as close as you will get. Haven't been to a Philly Union game yet (as there have not been any), but I was a supporter of Red Bull New York (Empire Supporters Club) up until the Philly team came in to play, and their supporter section was pretty crazy.
I went to a Red Bulls game last year with a friend of mine whose a huge soccer fan, and them ****ers are ridiculous. The seats we got were all the way in back and off to the side though, and as I'm not a huge soccer fan, I just couldn't really get into the game. I would imagine though that if you were able to score seats in the supporters section, it would be a lot better of an experience. That said, I'm definitely going to try to make it out to a couple Union games this year.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote