Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Aaron Volpatti
View Single Post
Old
03-26-2010, 03:39 PM
lush
@jasonlush

vCash: 500
I saw somebody mention somewhere (probably this thread) that Volpatti was going toe to toe with guys like Lucic back in the BCHL days. I wasn't sure whether that was brought up only because they played in that league around the same time, so I did a little research on the manner. Obviously this doesn't mean an awful lot given it was years ago and both players have taken very, very different routes to get where they now are. But still, anytime a guy is mentioned in the same sentance as Lucic you have to raise your eyebrow. Besides, most people complained that we didn't go after Lucic, especially since he was "in our backyard" so regardless of whether Volpatti gets anywhere near the same success as Lucic should at least make people happy that the Canucks are going after these types of players, especially local ones, and ones that don't "cost" draft picks.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_.../88958617.html

Quote:
Volpatti, a 6-foot-1, 203-pound smash-mouth winger who took on heavyweights like Milan Lucic during his B.C. Hockey League days, finished his senior year in Providence, R.I. with 17 goals, 32 points and 115 penalty minutes.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote