View Single Post
Old
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
No. It really is how he's been giving them up. Most of those goals yesterday looked terrible.

I could stand us getting beat by good plays from another team. I can't stand us getting beat when our defenseman takes the pass away on a 2-1, and Boucher decides to take the pass as well just to get beat by a high snipe glove side. Inexcusable. Boucher and our team really don't have any chemistry.
Wait, I thought goalie isn't important and it really doesn't matter as long as you have a good team in front of 'em?

And I love how you reference a goal that is exactly what you would expect a butterfly goalie to give up. Boucher wasn't playing the pass, he was playing his style...which means going down...which means giving the shooter the corner.

Credit the shooter, that was a great shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So it's ok to give up terrible goals as long as your team scores a ton and wins games 7-5
This would be a good story, except he's only given up more than 3 goals in regulation once during this stretch, and the entire team was terrible in that outing.

He's a backup...he's not a starter...and it sucks that this is the position we're in, but to suggest Boucher has been a catastrophe is a joke. We're not scoring. The PP isn't getting it done, and we're not converting chances.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote