View Single Post
Old
03-26-2010, 06:47 PM
FlyerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Do you even bother to watch the games? Boucher has sucked lately, but you're a fool if you completely blame him for his losing record. The last time he got an opportunity to start the offense was in the middle of their worst slump of the season where they were averaging less than 2 goals per game during that stretch.

The Flyers were also playing mediocre hockey since the break and were headed towards yet another offensive slump. This stretch was all too predictable to anyone who has been paying attention since the break.

Briere: 3 goals, 7 points, -8 in 14 games
Hartnell: 2 goals, 7 points, -10 in 14 games
Giroux: 1 goal, 4 points, -10 in 14 games
JVR: 1 goal, 1 point, -5 in 14 games

Outside of Richards and Gagne our skilled forwards have done squat all month long.

I'm not trying to excuse Boucher, but it certainly is not all on him. If this team wasn't coasting since the break they'd be in a better position even with Boucher.

Boucher killed us last night, but if the team doesn't let up in the 3rd they would have likely won that game. They went from 29 shots in the first two periods to 6 shots in the 3rd. This team is a joke and Boucher is just a convenient scapegoat to cover up for this heartless bunch.
I have been but from now on I won't and just come to these boards and let you tell me what to think.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote