Thread: Speculation: Teddy Purcell
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2010, 05:29 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
What were you expecting? Mark Messier? The guy wasn't brought in to be a major factor. He is a role player and it was a move for depth for the playoffs. Halpern will help the Kings in the playoffs even if it means that he'll be a warm body if somebody gets hurt. I'd rather have him as an insurance policy than calling up somebody from Manchester.

Good for Tampa on hosing the Kings on that deal if that is your take. He wasn't going anywhere on the Kings team, would have been moved in the offseason (more than likely) and the Kings were going to make depth moves at the deadline. Better that Purcell is gone and not one of the prospects that the Kings will need.

I swear some of you guys are the biggest whiners. Who gives two ***** about Teddy Purcell. He didn't do **** for this team and that is why he is in Tampa Bay and good for him if he is the wind beneath Vinny Lecavalier's wings. I don't see the relevance in what Teddy is doing now. We all know why he isn't here and that is all that matters.
Wasn't expecting Messier. Have no idea where you came up with that one.

However, I was expecting something and so far he's shown me SFA. As far as depth goes. Give me Parse, Moller or Clune over from what I've seen of Halpern any day.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote