Thread: Confirmed with Link: Vancouver Canucks sign Prab Rai
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Scouter

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
because it effects the development of their prospects - organizational assets only improve in value if the develop well. By signing Krog, which Manitoba helped pay the bill for, Gillis provided his farm club with a top player at that level that could help the development of his own assets. It makes complete sense to me that you'd want your farm club to be a top end club year after year, which IMO only gives your prospects the best environment to grow in.

And Krog was not a trade, unless I read that wrong? He was signed as a UFA on a 1-way deal while Gillis said that he was doing so to help Manitoba be a better team, which again makes all the sense in the world because it effects their prospects development directly.

As far as the whole O'Brien/Ouellet situation, clearly O'Brien was not bound for the AHL, he was Krajicek's replacement on the pro team... it was Ouellet who was AHL bound all along - he reported straight to Manitoba after being traded, and didn't get much of an audition with the Canucks either... you'd think if they were hoping he'd find his old form, they'd give him more than 3 games on the 4th line? He was just an injury callup after being dealt, and played the season in Manitoba as he was meant to.
Yes you did read it wrong, and ok I'll let Krog go since Manitoba did pay for some of the contract, how much isn't known right, if the nucks paid all of it I would take issue.

Ouellet was fighting an uphill battle since the nucks already had their top six wingers pretty much set, Ouellet was going to have to be pretty good to take a spot away.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote