View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 12:02 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Uh, maybe if the GM had treated the position of goalie with more of a priority than say, 7th defenseman, they wouldn't be on their 5th goalie.

They signed Ray Emery, which was a huge gamble based on his off ice history alone. The fall back was Brian Boucher, who obviously wasn't up to the job. He caught lightning in a bottle with Leighton.

Maybe, if, in the first place he had gone after a safer bet to be the starter in June or July, we wouldn't have to be on the Carter Hutton bandwagon.

Oh, BTW, Brian Boucher was SECOND on the depth chart, not 5th. So how bad is it when the guy who is second isn't a good option
1. Emery - hurt
2. Boucher - healthy now
3. Leighton - hurt
4. Backlund - hurt
5. Hutton - called up

Also, blaming Holmgren for three injured goalies is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Unless he had an ATO with the Flyers, which is only good for one game.

Hutton isn't listed on the Flyers chart on capgeek, so was it an AHL-only or ATO with the Phantoms?
Capgeek doesn't have it. I checked, but this just happened. Give it time.

However, I'm fairly certain Hutton was on an ATO with the Phantoms. He had ZERO actual affiliation to the Flyers NHL team. That I know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
College players can play in the playoffs after being signed at the end of their college seasons.

Which is a good rule, or else more NHL teams would raid college teams earlier in the season and before their conference tournaments because they want him in their camp for the playoffs.
I agree.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote