vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
1. Emery - hurt
2. Boucher - healthy now
3. Leighton - hurt
4. Backlund - hurt
5. Hutton - called up

Also, blaming Holmgren for three injured goalies is laughable.
Not blaming Holmgren for 3 injured goalies. I'm blaming Holmgren for taking a big gamble with the most important position in the sport without hedging his bets with a quality second option.

Maybe you're not capable of being objective, but the original starter was a big risk for off ice issues. Not having a capable second option from the get go was a bad call. The injuries simply compounded the original mistake.

Maybe you've missed other posts I have made, but I'll sum them up here-for three years, Paul Holmgren has been the GM of a team that can not stick to a plan. He's mismanaged the cap and other assets like draft choices. His teams have been inconsistent for 3 plus years.

The folks that seem to defend Holmgren lean on the 2008 ECF run, which was largely due to a great run by an average goalie, and a guy who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener having every puck he shot against Montreal find it's way into the net.

He has done nothing but spend a lot of Comcast's money on talented, but underachieving teams. My problem isn't Carter Hutton, it's that the GM failed to plan for the possibility that his reclamation project wouldn't work out.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote