Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Flyers call up Carter Hutton
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 02:56 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Not blaming Holmgren for 3 injured goalies. I'm blaming Holmgren for taking a big gamble with the most important position in the sport without hedging his bets with a quality second option.

Maybe you're not capable of being objective, but the original starter was a big risk for off ice issues. Not having a capable second option from the get go was a bad call. The injuries simply compounded the original mistake.
since hindsight is always 20/20, how did the off ice issues effect emery this year? they didnt. the team shut down themselves if you look at the losses he had. maybe because i have the center ice, not sure if youdo but i watched all the sharks games when jr and boosh was there and honestly, he was more then adequate as a backup. so going on the information that they had, they made the best decision. if emery was picked up by someone else and didnt get hurt and we were stuck with biron in net how many people here would have been screaming for homers head by stating.. " hell emery was in russia last year we shouldve have picked him off before others have!!!".... 20/20 is all im saying.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote